Monday, August 11, 2008

08-08-08

"One year one month and one day" he said and reminded me of this and I wondered how could I not remember...

Exactly an year a month and a day before, Rajiv and I were generally chit chatting on the phone...I had recently moved to Hyderabad and into this PG from the company guest house and needless to say, was missing dilli terribly. And then suddenly the uniqueness of the date (07-07-07) struck us and we decided to remember this day forever for years to come...and to meet or atleast talk to each other on 10-10-10. Nothing special except for the mysterious sounding dates...

One of the thought that went behind this deal was the natural course of our lives to get lost in this rat race of earning a living and achieving our goals and along the way leaving some friends behind...['Tanha dil tanha safar, dhoonde tujhe phir kyu nazar...' by Shaan in the background :D]...
We meet different people everyday, network around, make new contacts...and in this process some become friends...stay with us for more time than we actually thought of and then a few disappear along the journey...so we thought that this triple date funda was reasonably a good way of keeping a track of each other's life and be friends forever.

Now the ironical part...in this one year one month and one day, his life has quite a no. of updates; from changing job to shifting to a new house, to getting a girl friend to searching a wife...and here I am...with absolutely no change...zero...zilch updates, news, or views...its all the same...its the same me, my life, my thoughts, my job, my company, my city, my PG, my friends, my life...isn't this called the height of 'monotonous living'...

And its high time to make a promise to myself...come 09-09-09 and I will be have a changed life...not that its not good right now...but for better...no clue of 'what' and 'how' part of the entire scenario but it will...

So heres me, presenting my mantra for 2008-09...
"Break the monotony. Do something strange and extravagant."

3 comments:

Arjun said...

strange....and extravagant.... badhiya hai!!!!

Pri said...

well my life has been going pretty monotonous too since the last coupla years...
lets hope things change but only for the better by 09/09/2009 :)

cheers and all the best!

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Hi Asha,

I gave your blog an award, kindly collect it at -

http://poetry-unlimited.blogspot.com/2008/10/finally-poetic-architecture-wins-i-love.html