Thursday, October 09, 2008

Nostalgia


The credit for this post goes entirely to Pri (http://lifeofpri.blogspot.com/), my blog friend, whose latest post inspired me to come up with this one. Her lovely post has revived quite a lot of my pleasant memories. I loved the idea of revisiting them today......

- I still remember the days when during my summer vacations, I used to visit Nani's place and she used to apply henna on my feet every single morning while I was asleep, to ensure that my skin remains cool and I dont suffer from skin allergies. And me being me, used to cry every single time and complain about it. Now I miss that pampering.

-Where are the days when I used to play Ghar-Ghar with my colony friends during the summer holidays in the staircase or the bulding corridors. The days when I used to be really happy making the Parle G biscuits as the menu for my doll's wedding.

- I want to eat the Aloo Parathas and Shakkar Paras that my Nani used to make especially for me.

- I treasure the school days when we used to get the annual results, hoping and knowing that I would get the top rank and be called upon the stage.

- The days back when my dad used to come back from office with toffees without fail and how we used to rush down to help him carry stuff. Sometimes we used to pretend that we are sleeping when he arrives and then the whole process of he waking us up and we pranking on him used to start.

- I wish I could see my Mom asking Rs 20 everyday from dad for her auto fare even now.

- Miss those days when mom used to lock us in the house during the day, while she was away for work and how I and my sis used to get scared each time the bell rang. We were given Rs 10 a day for staying alone at home and not at the creche.

- Now I laugh when I think of the days when my school bus used to take me back to school without dropping at the pick up stop in the absence of anyone from the creche. My teachers used to love watching me cry and telling me that I will be eaten by a mouse.

- The day when I asked my dad to buy us Maggi for the first time, which was for Rs 5 per pack, is still fresh in my mind.

I read this somewhere and fits perfectly with what I am feeling right now.

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends.I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death! Wats that, a bonus??

The life cycle is all backwards.You should die first and get it out of the way. Then you go live in an old age home. When you get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension. Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your 'retirement'. You drink alcohol, party and get ready for High School. You go to primary school, become a kid; you play with no responsibilities. You become a little baby, you go back and spend your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating, spa, room service on tap. And then finally you finish off as an orgasm!!"


I sincerely wish I could press the 'Rewind' button and live all those times again!

4 comments:

prachi said...

a single word says it all..."precious" that is what these memories are...its like knowing a part of you that I could just not imagine...

Joyita said...

liked the reverse age part of it...nice passage!

sandhya said...

hehe.. loved the last bit :D!

Sands

Pri said...

heyyy i have no idea how my comment hasent shown up :(
had posted it when i first read this post...
neways just dropped by to see if u have updated...
and i reread the entire post again..it never ceases to make me smile :)
very cutely written....

u rock babes!!