Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa is around...


It’s been really really long since I have got a gift for Christmas and honestly I don’t even expect one…and today when a friend in office asked what I want for Christmas, I, for a while, didn’t know what to ask for.

My memories for ‘Christmas Presents’ date ages back when my sis n I were quite young. Papa used to get a lot of chocolates, toffees, britannia sponge cakes, jelly cubes, mango frooties, etc. for us on the Christmas Eve and keep them at our bed side when we had gone off to deep sleep. Both of us always knew that he was our Santa and we never had to hang red socks or decorate a Christmas tree to lure him to surprise us.
After the tradition continued for some years, we couldn’t wait till the morning to lay our hands on the goodies. One of the years, I remember, I couldn't sleep and half way through the night (till early morning hours) got up every half an hour to check if papa has placed the goodies or not. Obviously, he did, before the sun showed his face.

This was buried in my head long since and am thankful to this friend who brought back the cozy, sweet reminiscences back to the surface...

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope all of you get a lot of gifts and "time" from your loved ones...

No comments: