Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I don't like this Idea Naresh!

I know you had planned your future well. After becoming an engineer from an esteem college, you completed MBA in Marketing from your dream college. You were enjoying your job, and loved the fact that you had to work from Mumbai, where you have loads of friends to hang around with. You were a pakka Hyderabadi and I could see that in your nawaabi - ‘I-just-like-to-have-fun’ and ‘I-give-a-damn’ - attitude.
A week ago, your FB update said that you bought a car, which you were bringing to great use by exploring all the weekend getaways near Mumbai. I know you worshipped Sachin, and wished him birthday on FB last night. You have no idea how jealous I was when I saw your picture celebrating MI’s victory at Wankhade on Friday…I so really want to see God live in action myself. And yes, you loved Katrina as much as you did Rajani. You were instrumental in making ‘Sheila ki Jawaani’ such a major hit that it is now, by promoting it on your FB wall for days and months. And I can bet that everything I know about Idea 3G is via your wall.
Now how do I tell myself that everything will stop from today? One fine morning and you decide to leave everything behind? One trek and you are not interested in the worldly pleasures anymore? Just when people are accustomed to seeing you all over their walls, you settle down on leaving everything behind just like that, and slip under covers? Who will support me when I would want to win an argument against Prasoon? Who will comment on my weekend hungama pictures with all that enthusiasm? Who will call me to Mumbai to celebrate MI’s win in the IPL. I will no more have any Idea in my life. I will not know the latest updates about Rajani or Katrina through your newsletter-wall. Will I really not have any updates on my page from you?
I know we had never met in person, not even have we spoken on the phone, but we have been friends for long - as much as 6 years? You have been one of the most special online friends in my not-so-virtual world, and now your absence is bringing tears in my eyes. Life doesn’t come with a warranty card, and you are asking me to not take it for granted anymore.
All I want to know if life worth all this effort? Really? We run around all the time, through school, college, graduation, jobs, relationships, parents, friends, etc. etc, and what we get in the end is what we never want. You should know that you have lived a good life and your parents are proud of you. You shall be missed – terribly – by all your real and virtual friends, and all the people who have known you. May you rest in peace, now and always!

1 comment:

Prasoon said...

Kaun ladega tere saath, kaun baatein karega mujhse teri aur kisse chidhaunga jab tujhe bahar le jaunga kahin :(
Asha, there is infinitely more which is just took away with him. i don't have a phone number I can call to without thinking twice especially when i scroll through the phonebook to just talk to someone. Those cryptic sms' i shared with him very frequent - i don't have a recipient anymore :(